The Dead Pope’s Society is the on-line international outreach of the Roncalli Community. It is rooted in a consciousness of our common sisterhood and brotherhood. It is built on a shared interest in the person of Jesus of Nazareth. It is the major evangelical/ catechetical initiative of the Roncalli Community.
The core objectives of The Dead Pope’s Society include:
- exploring ways to make our call to have a unique personal relationship with Jesus become a reality.
- to develop the kitchen-church
- to make a good diet of soul food accessible to all
- to promote a passion for a deeper prayer life
- to foster a spirit of communion
- to facilitate the transition from tourist to pilgrim
- to recover the legacy of reform and renewal of the Second Vatican Council
- to present afresh the documents of the Second Vatican Council
- to explore ways of healing the hurts of the institutional Church
The Dead Pope’s Society meets twice weekly on line. These meetings are recorded and are available to view on this website for one week.
The Dead Pope’s Society is an initiative of the Roncalli Community.